Pages

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Discontinued yarn!

On my way to work on Tuesday, I decided to stop by Bette Design on Klosterstræde, to see if she had anything left of the Drops yarn Highlander, that is being discontinued.

It's a very unique kind of yarn, it looks kind of felted, and I'm hoping it is able to keep some of the Danish wind out. All the mittens and gloves I had from Norway are almost of no use here, the wind goes straight through. The exceptions being a pair of felted mittens and a pair that are lined.

She had a lot of the yarn left, so I got the colours I wanted. I got four skeins of brown, for the Martin Luther hat from the Danish book "Hippe huer, hatte og kasketter til ham og hende",
and a pair of mittens to match -

Photobucket Photobucket


two skeins yellow-green for a crocheted Drops neckwarmer (I have a skein of Vienna in Norway, that I think is the right colour to match, but if not I'll have to go back to the store to get some, as that colour is discontinued also!).

Photobucket Photobucket

The three blue skeins is probably going to be a vest similar to this on Ravelry. It's this Drops pattern, but it looks quite different in Highlander.

Photobucket

It's kind of funny how my blog makes it look like I'm this huuuge Drops-fan. In fact I have only made one pattern. I guess I'm just in that mood right now... Plus the yarns on sale helps, of course...

No comments:

Post a Comment