Sunday, January 06, 2013
2013 will be the year I will get a proper job in the field I've dreamt about and worked hard towards - Architecture. If karma strikes, then maybe even in social housing.
2013 will be the year I get to walk around in a project I've contributed to. In 1:1 scale.
2013 will be the year I get to spend more time with the man I've chosen. One way or another.
2013 will be the year I spend more time off line/off tech.
2013 will be the year I get back to reading, and hopefully read more than the two nearly finished books from last year.
2013 will be the year I go on a proper holiday, maybe even somewhere I haven't been.
2013 will be the year I finally run 5k.
2013 will be the year the year I get back to blogging regularly....
Thursday, November 18, 2010
I have joined my first knit-along, AND my first mystery knitting project!
The mystery knit-along is a Leethal pattern, and is a total mystery, the only thing we’ll know is that it is an accessory, and that it is a one size, fits all-item. You can read more about it in Leethal’s blog post.
Tonight I have been trying to choose yarns for the project, and I THINK I have ended on these two alternatives -
Same multicoloured Lucca, with Drops Silke Alpaca as contrast colours, in chocolate, lilac and purple.
If you’d like to join too, check out the KAL-thread in the Leethal Ravelry Group!
Can’t wait for the first clue!
Thursday, September 02, 2010
Saturday, August 28, 2010
I have bought an apartment!! I will be moving from our tiny student flat in the beginning of October, and will be living in twice the space..!
I’m having a lot of ideas for decorating, and trying to keep sketches and notes to not forget anything, and to sort out my mind a little.
The first things I have purchased for the new place are a set of three keisler&fiedler bowls, and a set of lattecup and bowl from Hapilu/Pia Lund Hansen, both mentioned in a previous post.
And a cool retro coffee set, seen in BoligLiv and purchased at affär.
I don’t know what the design is called, but I really like it. If you know, please tell me!
Friday, August 13, 2010
Today I went to The Crafts Fair at Copenhagen’s Frue Plads.
As I will be moving into a real appartment this fall, I was interested in looking for a few items, for example a teapot, tea cups, bowls, vases and so on.
These are a few of my favourites from today. Photos borrowed from the artists’ websites.
Hapilu by Pia Lund Hansen, ceramics
I love her bowls and cups, and one day I’ll get one of the beautiful vases in white or black, or maybe a unika bowl.
I will probably buy a couple of cups and small bowls tomorrow.
keis&fiedler by Helene Keis and Jakob Fiedler, ceramics and jewelry
I will get a set of three bowls. My favourites are the matte white ones with glossy insides in black, green or yellow.
Helene Keis is also making mussel painted earrings and brooches, which are beautiful and interesting.
I love the tall, lean vases as well, I would like one in yellow or black.
clibklap by Claire Maria Lehmann and Iben Harboe, ceramics
Lovely teapot, and their sugar container is so cute. They also had some pretty teacups.
Hygild by Leif Hygild and Helle Grangaard, ceramics
Japanese inspired tableware.
Lars Glad, jewelry
Pretty necklaces, my favorites where the ones with red string and either a cube or a heart. Unfortunately there are no photos of those on his website.
If you are in Copenhagen and would like to visit the fair, it is open tomorrow (Saturday 14th August) from 10-16.
I was fortunate that my mom wanted to give me a few items as a belated birthday present, so I’m going back tomorrow, if I’m able to choose from all of it.
Friday, March 26, 2010
TEN TO START.
1. Are you single? no
2. Are you happy? mostly
3. Are you bored? yes
4. Are you naked? no
5. Are you a blonde? no
6. Are you moody? not really
7. Are you a lover/hater? lover
8. Are you hot/cold? cold
9. Are you Irish? no
10. Are you Asian? no
1. Name: Line
2. Nicknames: secret
3. Birth mark: two on the left side of my belly – one light, one dark
4. Hair color: golden brown
5. Natural hair color: same
6. Eye color: blue and green
7. Height: 168 cm
8. Facebook Mood: huh?
9. Favorite color: many
10. One Place to Visit: a mountain
TEN THINGS ABOUT YOUR LOVE LIFE.
1. Do you believe in love at first sight? no
2. Do you believe in soul mates? no
4. Have you ever been hurt emotionally? yes
5. Have you ever broken someone’s heart? not that I’m aware of
6. Have you ever been cheated on? no
7. Have you ever liked someone and not told them? yes, when I was younger
8. Are you afraid of commitment? no
9. Who was the last person you hugged? boyfriend this morning
10. Who was the last person you kissed? boyfriend last night
TEN THIS OR THAT.
1. Love or lust? love
3. Cats or dogs? cats!
4. A few best friends or many regular friends? a few
5. Television or internet? internet
6. Chinese Or Indian? Indian
7. Wild night out or romantic night in? romantic night out ;)
8. Money or Happiness? enough of both
9. Night or day? day
10. MSN or phone? msn
TEN HAVE YOU EVER.
1. Been caught sneaking out? no
2. Been skinny dipping? yes
3. Stolen? yes
4. Bungee jumped? no
5. Lied to someone you liked? no
6. Finished an entire jaw breaker? no, not sure I ever had one
8. Wanted an ex bf/gf back? not really
9. Cried because you lost a pet? no (I was 2 years old)
10. Wanted to disappear? no
TEN PREFERENCES IN A PARTNER.
1. Smile or eyes? both
2. Light or dark hair? dark
3. Hugs or kisses? hugs
4. Shorter or taller? taller
5. Intelligence or attraction? intelligent
6. Romantic or spontaneous? romantic
7. Funny or serious? both
8. Older or Younger? older, I think (haven’t tried younger, though)
9. Outgoing or quiet? both
10. Sweet or Bad Ass? sweet
TEN HAVE YOU’S.
1. Ever performed in front of a large crowd? yes
2. Ever done drugs? no
3. Ever been pregnant? no
5. Ever been on a cheer leading team? no
6. Ever Been on a dance team? no
7. Ever been on a sports team? no
8. Ever been in a drama play/production? yes
9. Ever owned a BMW, Mercedes Benz, Escalade, Hummer or Bentley? no
10. Ever been in a rap video? haha – no
1. Last phone call you made: boyfriend (woke him up, I think…)
2. Last person you hung out with: had lunch with Henriette and Rebecca
4. Last time you worked: two weeks ago
5. Last person you tackled: physically?? no one…
6. Last person you IM’d: little sister
8. Last person(s) you went to the movies with: little sister, I think (it has been a while)
9. Last thing you missed: a bit of extra sunshine yesterday
10. Last thing you ate: leftover Chinese
via Sunday Stealing
Monday, February 08, 2010
The most important of my knitting goals for 2010, is to continue my process of knitting up some of my old stash yarn, trying to see new opportunities in the stash, AND be better at “just doing it” – every little project doesn’t require detail planning, and there is always a recipient for a baby sweater or a hat. I don’t like not having anything to knit while watching TV, for instance, so I need some “go to” alternatives, as in just picking up a skein and knit something.
All of these goals combined, resulted in starting a “bestefargenser” (“grandpa sweater” – basically just a plain long sleeved sweater with a centre front button placket) from the Norwegian book Strikk til Nøstebarn (Christmas present!).
I’m using the leftover yarn from my Serafia’s vinter top, and hoping I’ll have enough. The pattern says 60 grams for the smallest size, I have a little less than a 50 gram skein, so I’ll knit the sleeves top down in the end. I do have some matching yarn in denim blue that I could use for stripes on the sleeves.
I am also doing some test knitting for Leethal, it’s a fun project but NOT really mindless, so I started a game knitting hat while watching Flash Forward yesterday. Game knitting is REALLY great for meeting my goals too!
Friday, February 05, 2010
Working at the zoo
Internship at WITRAZ architects + landscape
Sunday, May 31, 2009
Since the shawl is so long, I had to fold it in half, but I think it works out okay. I might have to steam the middle a bit, if there is a fold.
I think this is going to be SOOO pretty! The blocking really makes wonders.
I have to figure out some clever way to photograph the finished shawl...
I also finished the first Hap Blanket this week, it will be next in the blocking line. Unfortunately, I fell really hard for this blanket (and the colourway) while knitting it - I almost won't be able to part with it. But as we have plenty of blankets already, and it doesn't go with the colourscheme (-to be) in our apartment, I might as well give it away. It probably has something to do with me not knitting THAT many items as gifts before, and it should be a good sign that I like it so much, right?
I will knit one for myself ONE DAY, though...
I started the second Hap Blanket, which I have decided to give to my Grandpa (he's in a wheelchair, and I think this blanket will be perfect for him), before I bound off the first. I forgot to take a photo before I picked up stitches for the edging, so it is a little wonky...